Saturday, February 28, 2009

Trying to get crafty

So I got a sewing machine for christmas from my awesome hubby and I've gotten into this whole new craft kick. So basically I look for any excuse I can get to try to express my creative ability....which isn't that much right now, but I hope to improve with experience and further training. I made this first quilt for a little girl in our ward, she is so stinkin cute and she is definitely one of my favorites











Next was a quilt for one of Danny's marine corp. friends who recently had a baby boy. It was working out o.k. until I realized that the patch became off center when I sewed the quilt together... but oh well. I learned from it and now I'll do better next time.

And lastly, Danny and I got invited to a fun superbowl party so I decided to make a football cake! We got the pan for our wedding and I was excited to finally use it.
Next is another baby quilt for one of our manager's who has a baby on the way. And then it's off to finishing off putting things together around the house, which is coming along pretty well if I say so myself - thank you Better Home and Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment