Monday, August 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend we went to DC to visit Danny's sister Ann and her family before Danny deploys. It was such a fun trip!! We just hung out every day and it couldn't have been more fun. I wish we would have taken more pictures but alas we did not.
On Monday we went to a rose garden party. It was so beautiful and the hosts were so gracious to have us over. They had so much to do for the kids and tons of food, it was great! It was also great when Connor threw a can of rootbeer into the fish pond. I'm not going to lie, this child has definitely made me feel so embarrassed to be his mother recently.
They had these fun pumps that blew up balloons that would shoot into the sky! Danny was so awesome and just kept blowing them up for kids even though it was so so freaking hot in the sun!
We gave the girls a makeover on one of the nights, it was really fun! I hope we have a girl next!
Connor loved to climb up onto Emmetts desk and play on the computer...again another one of those embarrassing moments, but you just have to laugh.
On our last day we got to go see Leia perform with her preschool and sing songs. It was so awesome and she did great!
This is Connor watching Leia. And after this we did go to Georgetown because I really wanted to try DC cupcakes. It was a fun experience but in my personal opinion the cupcakes were not so good, I don't know, it might be because I don't like buttercream frosting. But we still had fun walking around and going through some shops. I even found a couple of skirts that I loved and Danny bought for me, score!

No comments:

Post a Comment